GoodIT 2021: ACM International Conference on Information Technology for Social Good
29/12/2020 – 09:28
=== Call for Special Tracks proposals ===
GoodIT 2021 will feature special tracks whose aim is to focus on a specific topic of interest for the overall scope of the conference.
We solicit proposals for tracks that will be held within the 1st ACM International Conference on Information Technology for Social Good (GoodIT 2021) that will be held in Rome, Italy, September 9-11, 2021.
Within the main conference, GoodIT 2021 will feature conference tracks and invites the submission of track proposals. The aim of the track is to focus on a specific topic of interest for the conference. Track proposal should highlight current topics related to experiences with the design, implementation, deployment, and evaluation of IT technologies to social good.
Presentations delivered during the tracks are based on original papers that have been selected through a peer-reviewing process and that have not been previously published. Accepted track papers will be included in the ACM Digital Library.
### Track Proposal Format
A track proposal must contain the following information:
– Title of the track
– The names of the organizers (up to two) with affiliations, contact information, and a brief bio.
– A brief description of the scope and topics of the track (max 1/2 page) and a brief explanation of: (1) why the topic is timely and important; (2) why the topic is related to the conference; (3) why the track may attract a significant number of submissions of good quality.
– Indication if a journal special issue is associated with the track
– The advertising plan to increase paper submissions (a list of emailing-lists will help)
– A tentative program committee lists
– A draft call for papers (max 1 page)
### Track Proposal Submission Guidelines
The proposal should be submitted as a unique PDF file to the track chairs: catia.prandi2atunibo.it and marco.furiniatunimore.it. The subject of the e-mail must be: “GoodIT 2021 – track proposal”.
Papers submitted to each track should be original and peer-reviewed by its own program committee (at least 3 reviews per submitted paper is required). An accepted paper must be registered and presented by one of the authors at the conference venue and the format must follow the one of the main conference (http://www.grc.upv.es/goodit2021/authors/). All accepted and presented papers will be included in the ACM Digital Library.
### Important Dates
-> Proposal Submission Deadline: 15 February 2021
-> Notification of Selection: 19 February 2021
– Prof. Marco Furini (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy) marco.furini[AT]unimore.it
– Dr. Catia Prandi (University of Bologna, Italy) catia.prandi2[AT]unibo.it